1. Name? Emily
2. General Location?: USA
3) Age?: 15
4) What part do you sing and what type of singer are you?: I'm an alto, and I'm not sure what you mean by type. I guess the style of music I generally sing is choral.
5) Favorite opera of all time?: I've not had time to go see one but it sounds really fun.
6) Favorite aria to sing?: I don't know any... -cringe-
7) Dream role?: I'd love to play Cosette (sp?) in Les Miserables :D
8) Where do you go to school/work?: high school on the East Coast
9) What are you eating for dinner tomorrow?: erm... food? lol
10) Best male singer?: I like Josh Groban...
11) Female?: Amy Lee from Evanescence and Charlotte Church
12 & 13) Worst?: The guy from New Found Glory
14) What do you think is an appropriate age to begin training classically, and what age (if singer has started "early") is an appropriate age to begin performing?
Hmm.... I'm not sure what you mean. I think any age is fine to start training but probably a year or so after your voice finishes changing? And performing a year or so into training?
15) Do you notice that aspects of your environment, diet, lifestyle, or mood affect your singing? If so, what?:
Well if I'm in a bad mood, my singing is not going to be great. If I eat a whole lot, that can't be good either :)
16) As singers, we are reproducing words and music often hundreds of years old. How does that make you feel when you're standing up in front of an audience or microphone and such a responsibility is resting on your shoulders?: I've never really thought about it that way. I just try and do the best I can
17) What is the worst song you've ever been made to sing or have done yourself that you can't believe that you attempted to do?: MIDDLE SCHOOL CHORUS SONGS! -shudder- They were terrible especially considering that we didn't have the most enthusiastic people.
18) What's the hardest technical issue you've had to work through?:
Improving my range, it shrunk after not singing for a half year.. -cringe again- So happy I get to sing again this year.
19) If opera suddenly stopped, what other kind of music would you like to sing?: ...I don't know....
20) What is the worst stage experience you have ever had, and your best?: Worst- at a retirement home, we hadn't rehearsed at all and we were just playing by ear. I went completely off tune.
Best-- With my middle school show choir because it was just a lot of fun with the group.